Move from theory to practice.
Apply what you’ve learned to practical issues in health economics research with the CADTH Health Economics Internship — a paid, full-time, one-year program for recent master’s or PhD graduates in economics or epidemiology. Interns work with CADTH’s health economics team to support important federal, provincial, and territorial government policy decisions.
Our Health Economics internship program is on hold at this time due to the pandemic. Please check back in April 2021 for an update.
About the Internship
Interns work with CADTH’s health economics team and clinical researchers, methodologists, research information specialists, and patient engagement officers to:
- participate in and conduct critical appraisals of economic evaluations
- analyze utilization data
- contribute to the development of economic models (model testing, running analyses, reviewing models)
- perform literature searches for relevant economic information, including screening literature, extracting information, and critically appraising information.
The internship provides practical work experience, refined research skills, and an expanded network of health economist peers.
Who Should Apply?
We want to hear from you, if you have:
- recently completed (within one year) or will have completed a graduate degree in economics or epidemiology by the start of the internship
- a genuine interest in a career in health economics in the not-for-profit sector
- strong analytic skills
- proficiency with MS Excel
- strong oral and written communications skills, and good interpersonal skills
- an ability to work well in both a team environment and independently.
Note: The CADTH Health Economics Internship position is located in Ottawa, Canada. CADTH will contribute to travel expenses for successful recipients living outside of commuting distance to Ottawa.
Check out some of CADTH’s health economics resources:
- CADTH Lecture — An Introduction to Health Economics by Scott Klarenbach, MD
- Guidelines for the Economic Evaluation of Health Technologies: Canada
- Costing of Health Care Resources in the Canadian Setting
Find out more about health economics and the CADTH Health Economics Internship.